Sunday, June 11, 2006

Dear God, I have a wonderful life. You have blessed me beyond belief. I thank you for the physical blessings of my home, land, vehicles, vacations, food, garden, clothing, job. I thank you for the social blessings of family and friends. I thank you for the spiritual blessings of church, scripture, prayer. I thank you for the blessings of freedom, to worship and live as I please. I thank you for answered prayers and for prayers that you answered by not giving me what I asked for but what I needed. There have been times Lord when I have not had such an easy life. I know that I grew during those times. My relationship with you became closer and tighter because the situation was beyond me. My marriage became stronger because we depended on you. Our children learned you are in control of all things, because we had no control. Those difficult times made me grow and become a better person. I have to admit, Lord, that this time of blessing is to me a reward. I feel like I deserve it for having stuck with you through so much. I know that I don't deserve anything you give me, that I am NOT holy as you are holy. Heaven is not reward enough for me in my life of the here and now. I will gladly follow wherever you ask or lead, but inwardly I want an earthly reward for doing so. I am selfish and conceited. Please accept my apology and forgive me. I love you and gladly serve you.

No comments: