Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I got busy in the garden yesterday and didn't make it to my journaling. It can get pretty muggy here in the afternoons and I needed to get the pumpkins pruned back; that meant wearing long sleeves and pants. I planted several pumpkin plants this year from last year's seed. I didn't expect it to go well since they didn't do well last year and the seed had been on the barn floor the rest of the year. To my pleasure and shock, they have done really well. The watermelon as well, so we should have some good eating this year. Sunday evening I took the boys to Sunday in the Park. It is a program the city sponsors in June and July. Different genre bands come to the town commons and play for an hour. People come sit on blankets or lawn chairs and eat and listen. The children all run around and play in the land bowl in front of the amphitheater. It is very Norman Rockwellian. I was surprised to find out last year that the evenings are cool here in June and July and it is a pleasant time. Having just come from Texas I was not expecting it to be enjoyable. The bad part about the weather here is the Hurricane Season. We have been blessed not to have bad times since we have been here, but it does rain a lot. The land is low and doesn't drain well, so we have wet yards. Makes it hard to dry the laundry too. I guess I'll be using the dryer today.

No comments: