Thursday, March 22, 2007

I just read a sad story on msn. It seems that Americans over-react to marital affairs. They should be expected. Just get over it and move on; the change will make your marriage more exciting. The author cited examples from other countries where the "fall-out" from affairs is not as bad as in America. At least he did quote a therapist as saying women have little rights in the other countries and they deal with it by using suicide. Affairs may happen, God can forgive; but expecting an affair is just plain wrong. _________ When I was a child we played cowboys and indians. On Sunday afternoons, my dad and I would lie on the couch and watch westerns together. My kids lived with their grandparents for a year when they were young, so they also had the experience of watching westerns and playing cowboys and indians. But it seems the new generation has a new frontier. My children's friends, and my children, are enamoured with Star Wars. They watch the movies, talk about Star Wars at every chance meeting, and they play Star Wars battles. The boys went out with their dad the other night and #1 had to buy ANOTHER light saber...because they don't have a red one! It doesn't matter that there are already 6 light sabers out in the yard and only 2 children living here; you have to have a red one. May the force be with you. __________ Ok, husband's weird humor: Last night a commercial was on for a vacuum cleaner. They were talking about how all of the other vacuums need bags and filters. But this one doesn't. It has a strong wind tunnel and can suck up anything. Buy a Dyson. My husband quietly says, "So I guess Dyson really sucks." Maybe they weren't thinking it through when they wrote the commercial.

No comments: