Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I watched the sun come up this morning. What a thrill to see its red sphere seemingly float between the clouds, waving like a banner that a new day is here. It was a warm morning, and I stood on the deck and stretched while the birds sang. I love a good spring morning! The weather is saying 70 and 80 degree weather is upon us and I still don't have the garden out. I just don't seem to have the time to get the cool weather vegetables planted. Always I say, "Next year." I wonder if it will ever really happen? The strawberries are in full bloom. That is one of the best parts of living in Eastern Carolina-- fresh strawberries. _______ So yesterday I gave you my conclusions, but didn't tell you what I was questioning. I want to know why people don't see a need for a close relationship with God. Why is it ok to have a "good enough" relationship? This is from Meister Eckhart: "Three things caused Mary to sit at our Lord's feet. The first was that God's goodness had embraced her soul. The second was a great, unspeakable longing: she yearned without knowing what it was she yearned after, and she desired without knowing what she desired! The third was the sweet consolation and bliss that she derived from the eternal words that came from Christ's mouth." It would seem from this that we need to let peole know what it is that they desire, because based on what I said yesterday, they are mistaken about their own yearnings.

No comments: