Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I went shopping last evening. I know some of you just fell out of your seats!! I was looking for a chest of drawers for the boys and possibly some end tables. I came away with a chest of drawers, 2 end tables, a cocktail table/chest, and a chair and ottoman. Hubby is going to put a limit to my nights off, I do believe! The chair is for his room and is an early birthday present. I wasn't sure I could find a good deal later, so he gets it early. Today is 4H, one of our favorite days. #1 is showing everyone his baby rabbits and #2 is showing a Power Point presentation he made about space. School is fast approaching its end for us, and I think we are all glad. Next year may bring some changes for us. We are looking more and more at unschooling. We aren't to the point of letting it all ride with the children, but it is getting more that way. The boys already do so much more in their play than we do in school, for instance, #2 made this presentation of his own initiative and in his own time. #1 is quick witted and makes me laugh. The other day I heard this conversation: #1 said something and #2 copied. #1 "Copy cat!" #2 "I'm not a copy cat. I'm a vampire!" #1 "Ok, Copy Bat!!"

1 comment:

Scott Hughes said...

If you do decide to unschool, you don't have to go all the way in. There's a whole range between unschooling and conventional education.

You can find out more about it at the Education, Homeschooling, & Unschooling Forums.