Thursday, March 08, 2007

Yesterday a friend was telling me of her son seeing a topless woman on the beach. He of course stopped and took it all in. I was wondering, other than the obvious pride in being worth looking at, what did the girl get out of that? She became an object, no longer a person. I am so much hoping my sons don't fall into the American trap of choosing a girl for her body. Now, I know that my husband was lured by more than my intelligence and quick wit, but at least there was something more to be offered than a body. I was listening to a piece on NPR the other day about American actors vs. British actors. It seems that the Brits outdo Americans by a long-shot when it comes to acting ability. The comment was made though, that American actors are a lot better to look at. What does that say about Americans, except that they are shallow and accept anything wrapped in a pretty package.

No comments: