Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday evening for a couple of hours. I go there about every 6-8 weeks; whenever we run out of things that will cost too much elsewhere. I had a great time looking at seeds. I think I am addicted. I like the idea of planting something and watching it grow. I suppose it is the bit of God that sits inside of my soul that makes me want to create. I found some seeds for the vegetable garden, but mostly I was looking for the backyard habitat. We are supposed to attract birds and butterflies. I hope they all grow, the pictures looked so pretty. Anyway, while I was there, I heard good-humored swearing on the aisle over from mine. I know people talk like that, but it made me wonder when did that start happening? No one talked like that in public when I was a child. Now I can't protect my children's ears. It is on the radio, commercials, movies that are for children, and in the grocery store. I don't know why it has happened or how, but 30 years (less if I think it was not this way when I was in high school) is not much time for a culture to change.

No comments: