Saturday, April 14, 2007

I bought a piano yesterday. I have wanted one for a while now. The first time I wanted one was in Texas. The Salvation Army and the Thrift Store both would get them in and they would be $100. But I never got around to getting one. A friend here works in the Habitat ReSale Shop and I told him if a good piano comes in to let me know. "Too bad," he said. One had just come in that was really nice, still in tune, had a professional look over, etc, but it sold. Well on Wednesday he told me the lady never came to pick it up. So it was my good fortune, and it is being picked up and delivered today. The boys aren't thrilled. They want to play guitar, flute, violin, recorder, anything but the piano. I have told them if they play piano then they can have other lessons too. We will see how committed they are on piano first! _______ Pollen is still in abundance in Eastern Carolina! I tried to work outside a bit yesterday and came inside with blisters on my eyes. This morning it hurt to open them. I still don't have the garden out! It is bothering me, but not enough to make me do it I guess. Of course, the crunching in my back doesn't motivate me either.

No comments: