Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just finished my first trip to the chiropractor. They took X-rays and I certainly saw the problem. I am leaning to one side in my lower back. He did an adjustment and it popped like I have been longing for it to pop. Of course, now the other side feels strained and I still don't walk with much pep in my step. I had told my husband I would come back walking like a 23 year old. He watched me get out of the van and said that didn't look like any 23 year old he had ever seen. I go back tomorrow morning for another adjustment and hopefully that will put it all back in place. In the meantime, I have to suffer through sitting on a cold pack to lessen the swelling. I turned the heat up first thing! Yesterday was the aquarium's visit for our 4-Hers and homeschool friends. The kids had a good time and I am sure we will do it again. #2 loved everything, but especially dissecting the squid. He came home with the pen from inside the squid. #1 of course can't admit that he had a good time--that's his personality. In a couple of days he will tell me what all he liked and enjoyed. But he did help during one of the shows. The leader had a snake crawl inside her shirt and she needed someone to hold the back end of the snake while she got it out. #1 volunteered to hold the back end. I was surprised by that and later found out that he was trying to ask a question, not volunteer! One more funny thing: We are reading Little House on the Prairie at night now. Ma was so excited to have a wooden floor and a real bed, even a table cloth on the table. "Now we can live like civilized people." #2 asked, "Why do you want to live like civilized people? They live 40 miles from a town. Who cares if you are civilized?" That's a male for you--let's all fart and burp now.

No comments: