Thursday, April 12, 2007

I love to tell the story for those who know it best seem hungering and thirsting to hear it like the rest. And when in scenes of glory I sing the new, new song 'Twill be the old, old story that I have loved so long. Easter is still with me. I was mildly surprised to have this realization on Easter Sunday: I like to hear the Gospel story the best. I have been a Christian all of my life, born and bred. I have heard the story all of my life. I used to think my Grandmother was a fanatic, a Jesus Freak, because it was all she wanted to talk about. But I am starting to see that that is all there is to life. It is the story that makes me happy, gives me purpose, lifts me up, encourages me. God loved me so much that He sent his Son to live on this earth and show me his love. Then, he gave the ultimate example of love by sacrificing himself on my behalf. Then, He overcame Satan and came back to life. I love to tell the story "twill be my theme in Glory to tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love.

No comments: