Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sunday in Bible class. I made a statement that sort of surprised my husband. I said, "You can't trust God." Now what I meant by that was that God doesn't do things the way you expect Him to. We were discussing Elijah and why he would run away and fear for his life after all that the Lord had already done. I think it is pretty simple. God didn't tell Elijah that he would live, that the tide would turn, that he would destroy Jezebel. Elijah trusted God to do what he said, but not to do what he didn't say. So this morning I woke early and was in bed talking to God about this. I was explaining to Him that I do trust Him to protect me, care for me, provide for me in Heaven. BUT I don't know what He is planning in many ways, you know, the specifics. And in that way I can't trust God to do what I WANT. Then I got up to do a little Bible reading. Here is what I turned to in 1 Corinthians: God can be trusted, and He chose you to be partners with his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ. 1:9 Well I guess God told me to put a sock in it!

No comments: