Thursday, October 30, 2008

I have a tendency to make a couple of strong friendships where ever we live, and stick close to them. I suppose I have done that because I know we are moving again soon, and what is the point of investing all of that time in too many people? Sounds selfish, huh? Not that I haven't had more than 1 or 2 friends, but I have had few close friends.
But in this home I have many friends that I consider close. Perhaps it is the stage of life I am in since I seem to be involved in things in my kids' lives, the church, and the community, which wasn't possible when the kids were smaller. Whatever the reason, I do seem to have quite a few friends here that I would label "close friends."
The friends were made quickly, and were such a blessing from God. I have noticed in our previous moves that it takes 18 months to not be homesick, and 3 years for a place to feel like home. It would seem that just when a place felt like home, we would move. This town, however, has felt like home from the start. As our relationships mature and grow, it only feels more right to be here.
Proverbs says, "He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even the bitter tastes sweet." Perhaps I was just really, really hungry when we got here, but this is the sweetest place I have been. Thank you God for this home.
These are friends that I made in one of our other homes. I went back years later to visit them and they still felt like good friends. What a privilege it is to have friends like that.
------------
Another blessing here has been my job. I have wanted more children since time began, and God has answered me with the three precious boys that I care for. God knows just what I need, and surely He provides.

No comments: