Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The young girls at church blog pictures about their deals at the grocery store. The younger generation needs visuals, I guess. I thought I would give it a try. Several weeks ago, Harris Teeter had triple coupons. I thought I did fairly well. This was my first trip to the store. Triples last a few days, and you can go each day. This bunch cost me $33.36. I saved $54.63. Notice how many cleaners are pictured. I even got Tide detergent! The second trip was also a success. I spent $20.50 and saved $39.42. Smuckers Peanutbutter, Luzianne Tea (4 boxes!), and Old El Paso Tortillas aren't cheap. Triple coupons and specials make name brands a possibility on a tight budget. Now Lowe's Foods is having Triple Coupons for a few days. I took #2 with me before church this evening, and we did really well. Most of my purchases were snack foods, but I would never buy them otherwise. I just can't seem to bring myself to spend what they ordinarily cost. I got 3 bags of Chex Mix, 2 bags of Veggie Crisps, a bag of Sunflower Chips, and 4 Pop Secret microwave popcorns. Betty Crocker cookie mixes were free, smoked sausage was 75 cents!, and Cheerios were 35 cents. My total spent was $17.48, and I saved $52.16. I try to get at least 50% off, about 70% is fabulous! I may try to go back tomorrow.

No comments: