Saturday, October 11, 2008

The whole photo thing is getting to me. I thought I copied them in order, but evidently I was supposed to put the cursor in other places. So this is the destruction of the "toy shed" that we had. I think you can put it in chronological order. We used the shed to keep the kids' bikes and balls and outdoor things. It was an old smokehouse. We found truck license plates from 1953 in the ceiling. Birds have nested in the chimney every year we have lived here. They will be sad next spring.
It was quite a project to tear down, and we tried to save some of the wood. It is nice pine wood, and mostly in good condition. Now the project is to remove all of the nails. I would like to incorporate the wood into the house when we remodel upstairs.
The ceiling was like a huge raft. Hubby had to tear it apart board by board. Two of the beams were humungous! #2 enjoyed helping to tear it apart. He also enjoyed finding nails afterward in the yard. I paid a nickle a nail if the kids found them. He got $8.00!!
We plan to put a picnic table on the concrete slab, and to plant a hedge around the border. The grill will be kept there in the summer too. It is just a few paces from the back porch, so an ideal location for a little patio.

No comments: