Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The world came close to ending today. Did you hear about it? I'm sure you noticed the flooding issues we were having. It was all Prime Factorization's fault. Greatest Common Factor was pushing us around, acting like he was big stuff or something. Then the tears started, and the frustration began to cause loud noises and deep, heavy sighs that shook the Earth. Yes, it was sixth grade math. Fourth grade's long division was starting a wind storm of its own as well to try and compete, but we squashed that orneriness pretty quickly. -------- #1 was proclaimed a "Perfect Specimen" yesterday at the doctor's office. He had a check-up, and the doctor was pleased. #1 hadn't had a check-up for nearly four years, and his posture had me worried, so I decided to take him in. He kept telling me he didn't need a check-up and he felt fine. The truth was that he was worried about shots. He actually is due for 3 boosters in the next year, but I told the doctor we would go to the health depatment for that. $$$ The doc sent us over for X-rays to make sure the scoliosis isn't too bad. We should hear in a couple of days, but the radiologist thought it looked fine. He seems to have a shoulder higher than the other. Just the way God put him together, I guess. Anyway, the doctor looked at #1's knees and praised him for having knees he could check. "You should see how many tree trunks come in here. It's nice to be able to easily check a kid's knees." That's our nation's obesity epidemic for you. So #1 was proclaimed a perfect specimen and we went to Long John Silver's for lunch. Won't stay perfect long on that diet! I told him he should try that pick-up line on girls though, "Hi. I am a perfect specimen. Just look at this bod." ---------- I talked to my FIL last night about working on a doctorate in education. He was very helpful with ideas to think about. I contacted the university here, but they don't have much of what I am looking for. I will keep thinking and praying about it.

1 comment:

SCV22867 said...

I did hear the earth was ending today. I think the vibrations were echoing everywhere. Here it was trying to convince The Oldest that "of" means multiply in math. Like 2/3 of 9 means 2/3 x 9 which is 6. Or 40% of 60% means 40% x 60% which is 24%. The tears were flowing and the fists were pounding.