Saturday, October 18, 2008

So Monday we went to the beach and had a wonderful time. The weather was perfect. As the week went along, the weather got better and better. Thursday was about 85 degrees and sunny. Friday we had cloud cover all day, but the temps were pleasant, 70s. So we went camping with our church. The rain started when we were about 20 minutes away from the campsite. It rained all evening, spitting some to give us a break now and then. Then it poured all night long. It rained until about halfway through breakfast. I was happy that the temperatures didn't turn very cold. We were able to keep a fire going, and so mostly we felt chilly and damp, as opposed to cold and wet. So we hurried home to get the boys off to their Saturday committments, and the weather got worse. It is cold, rainy, AND windy now. See you just never know how good you have it! I kept thinking about the homeless while we were sleeping through the rain storms. I can't imagine always worrying about whether my kids are going to get sick from the cold and wet that I can't do anything about. I also thought about the Israelites who left Egypt so quickly and camped in the desert (wilderness). I was thinking if I went without a tent and the weather turned like this, I might have complained too. One bright spot: I went through all of the seasonal clothes this week. At least we have warm, cozy sweaters out to curl up in.

No comments: