Friday, October 17, 2008

This is an excerpt that was in my reading a couple of weeks ago.
Love Adds a Little Chocolate by Linda Andersen
Duty can pack an adequate sack lunch, but love may decide to enclose a little love note inside...Obligation sends the children to bed on time, but love tucks the covers in around their necks and passes out hugs and kisses (even to teenagers!)...Duty gets offended quickly if it isn't appreciated, but love learns to laugh a lot and to work for the sheer joy of doing it. Obligation can pour a glass of milk, but quite often, love adds a little chocolate. I have not been feeling successful in my goals lately. Yesterday I did cheat and blog before my allotted time, but other than that I stayed on schedule. And still I couldn't get my work done. I try to stop at 7:30 and just be with my family, but I just couldn't do it. I did stop and read to the boys, but I felt torn. I would say that I am more calm about the pace now though. It doesn't frustrate me to not get it done. It just depresses me. sigh. ----------- I was listening to Clark Howard yesterday on the radio. My husband has started to get me addicted. It is as far as I can go listening to that particular station. Anyway, I was listening yesterday and Clark was giving two ways to save up to $3,000 a year for your family. One was to get rid of pay television, and the other was to stop buying bottled water. His statistic was that people pay over $1400 for bottled water a year! I was going off on my husband about it this morning. I can't believe that people are so naive, dumb, ignorant, whatever about their money. A woman from Chilicothe, Ohio was complaining about no one being able to make it on one income now. I just pulled three things out of my refrigerator and here is what I touched: a package of cookie mix that was free with coupon, a jar of homemade soup that is healthier than store bought and costs pennies on the dollar, and a package of butter that is cheaper at Sam's Club and if you buy the kind that you quarter yourself you save 50cents a pound. When you live your life this way I guess you think everyone else does too. I can't believe how wasteful people are! I ranted and raved for a while, even slamming my fist on the counter top. Then decided maybe I better give a little chococlate. I got my Russell Stover extra fancy box of chocolates at Rite Aid for half price and two dollars more off with coupon. ------------ This is too funny not to share. Hubby came home yesterday and wrote this on a piece of paper...Le-a. How would you pronounce that name he asked. Lay uh I guess. He heard a woman on the radio complain that no one pronounces her child's name correctly, "The dash don't be silent," she said. "It's Luh dash uh." Oh my goodness!

No comments: