Friday, October 24, 2008

I took #2 to the doctor yesterday. He has a slight ear infection, not enough to do anything about, and a bad infection in his tonsils. So she gave a prescription for Amoxil, and told us to give him decongestant and Tylenol for a couple of days. She said the Tylenol would help him feel better and take away the achiness. As we went to get the Rx filled, #2 was jumping through the store. I was thinking he doesn't need Tylenol, and even if he is achey I will not give him any just to slow him down a bit. I get frustrated with doctor's who think I should bring my kids in earlier to them when the kid doesn't act sick. ------------ As we left the doctor's office, #1 was telling me he had been talking to a nice lady in there while #2 was waiting on the doctor. We started to pull out, when a lady chased me down. She asked me if I was #1's mother, and I admitted it. Then she told me what a nice boy he is, and I have done a good job raising him. How nice to hear. #1 is still very innocent. He is 11, nearly 12, and still believes in the imaginings of childhood. He lost a tooth the other day, a large one!, and was hoping that the tooth fairy would think it was worth at least a dollar fifty. Most teeth are worth a dollar. So last night she brought $1.08. She's an ornery little fairy! ------------ #1 finally got his new glasses yesterday in the mail. I happened to order them two weeks ago because his were so smooshed and scratched. A few days later, the lense fell out of his and the screw that holds the lense had broken off. So we glued it together and waited for the new ones. Then while we were camping he tripped and broke his glasses again. I glued them again, but he wouldn't wear them. He couldn't properly do his chores because he couldn't see, so I was ready for the new ones to come. I used Zenni Optical on-line, and he got nice glasses for about $8. ----------- I picked up #5 at school after we were done at the doctor. Then we had to go to the pharmacy, so we ate lunch out at CiCi's Pizza while we waited on the order to be filled. I treated #5, even though his packed lunch was a sandwich. The poor kid never goes out to eat. He was looking at everything bug eyed, and wanted to know about the napkin dispenser. He is 4 years old. I understand the parents' reasoning in not taking the kids out- money, nutrition- but he is going to act weird in society. Of course people say that about homeschoolers... Anyway, when I picked up the four year old he said, "That's David. He causes a lot of trouble. I can tell you that." There's something about a black kettle in there. ----------- In 1979, Ireland had 5 million people while America had 40 million people of Irish descent. Watched a documentary last night. ----------- I passed a dead kitten near our house yesterday. It looked like Luke, and I prayed all the way back that God would bring him back to life before we got home. There he was in the yard when we got back. The dead kitten was still there too, so I guess it is a sibling. I like Luke. He is very cuddly and lovable. However, he constantly sits in my laundry basket when I hang things out, even wet laundry on a cold day!

No comments: