Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bon Fire

Last night we had college kids over for a bon fire. I really wasn't in charge of anything; we just opened our home to them. I knew 3 or 4 of the whole group of kids. Hubby and I have always wanted to have a small bit of property to host things like this. We are blessed to have such a place. Our own college experiences were great because people opened their homes to us, and shared of their lives. We would like to do the same.
The goats stayed in their pen...far away from all of that fire.
We came in out of the cold once the fire died down, and had spiced cider and played games. The college group was so kind to our children and let them play the game too. The boys have a new game to teach their friends now.
Here are two of my pyromaniacs! The heat from these trees only assured me that we want fake Christmas trees!
The fire continued to smolder. I sort of felt like that myself. Every time we are with college kids I remember how much we enjoyed that ministry. I pray that the group here will grow and blossom.
----------
I am on FaceBook now. Gee whiz. Yet another thing to try and figure out. It has been fun to see old friends again though.
---------
Today is #1's first basketball game. #2 and I will be heading out soon to see it. #1 and Daddy had to go early to get pictures taken.

No comments: