Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Electricity

We are still getting the house rewired. Yesterday we had the electricity shut off from about 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Let me say that a homeschooling family can have trouble when the lights are out all day and it is rainy outside. We used some kerosene lights to help for the darker morning hours, and we went to 4-H in the afternoon, so of course that helped. But there is also the issue of many lessons being on the computer these days. So I got the boys up at 6:30 to start school. They weren't very happy about that! But school got done pretty early, so that alleviated some of the grumbles. They also went to bed fairly quickly last night! Today there will be no electricity from about 10-4. I called #5 and said to bring a sandwich for lunch. I do get a little power brought over by cord from the barn, so I think I wlll stick something in the crockpot for dinner. We are washing laundry now and planning to hang it dry. It is supposed to be about 70 today. Did you hear that WV? When are you coming to visit? --------- #1 is soooo much like his father. I heard this conversation the other day: #2: It's like being put in Juvey! #3: What's Juvey? #2: Juvenile Hall. #3: What's Juvenile Hall? #1: It's like prison for kids, only worse. They don't have any libraries! I thought to myself, that is probably what Hubby thinks Hell is...life with no libraries.

No comments: