Saturday, January 24, 2009

May 2007

Yuck, Weird, What is that?! That is my ponytail. I have been growing it since May 2007! My hair grows really slowly. Long hair is not very attractive on me, and for over a year I have wanted to cut it, but I really felt like I wanted to do something for someone else. I may not be good at it, but I CAN grow hair. A lot of people can't grow hair. So I stuck to my committment, and yesterday I finally cut it off. You have to have 10 inches for Locks of Love, and I didn't quite have that much without going into shock, or so the hairdresser said, so I am donating mine to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. They also make wigs for people with cancer or other diseases, but they only require 8 inches. I had 8 to the elastic band, so actually about 9 inches was cut. #2 went with me because he didn't want to go see #1 get his shot at the doctor's office, and he took the pictures. I thought he did a good job.
The hairdresser was so patient with us. She helped give some direction to the photographer, and took her time with both of us.
I was surprised by how much hair I still had left. I tried to get a versatile cut. I usually wear my hair the same way, but I like to have the option to do something different, even if I don't use that option.
The men in my life are not horrified by the cut, but they are long locks lovers. Hubby didn't scream or cry, so I guess he is ok with it. Really it is only short in the very back.
We went out to supper to celebrate my birthday, finally. Weather and schedules had made us postpone it. The plan was to go to Outback, but a 45 minute wait was not going to make any of us happy. We went to Mazatlan instead. I like really good Mexican food. We had great Mexican food in TX, but here, not so much. We go to Mazatlan fairly often, but always use the coupon for the combination plate. Since it was my celebration, and we weren't going to Outback, we ate off the real menu. Man was it good!!! I had a ribeye steak, shrimp, and spinach, mushrooms, and onions sauteed together, and Mexican rice. I will definitely need to get that again!
#2 took one last picture for the day. I had showered at home to get the hair off my neck, and so the style was a little different than the hairdresser gave me. I am happy with it.
Now my crazy boys need haircuts!

No comments: