Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009

We didn't plan to do anything special for New Year's Eve. I was hoping to use the day as a holiday and catch up on magazine articles I didn't get to all year. Hubby and I looked through our wallets and accounts and decided to end the year with a bang. WE PAID OFF THE VAN!!! It was paid in half the loan time, or thereabouts, and we are very excited. Then I took the boys bowling with another family of friends. By the time I got out of there, ran to the store, came home and fed the animals, it was after 5:00. Hubby told me we were invited to a friend's house for a gathering and so we headed out to that. I didn't read a single article yesterday. I haven't read any yet today either. It is triple Coupon Days at Harris Teeter, so I had to be there early. One man was checking out my book of coupons and asked how much I save for all of that work. I told him about $300 a month. He was very appreciative after that! It has been a year now of trying to work through all of the deals and how stores' rules work, but I think I have a pretty good handle on it now. I am sure I could do better, but as my husband said, "You could. If you wanted to make a career of it!" I don't. So I don't have any real resolutions for the New Year, but I do have a bit of a goal. Now that I feel like I have coupons under my belt, I would like to donate more of my "winnings" to the local food pantry. I will be going tomorrow to take tea (19 cents), tissues (45 cents), mashed potatoes (free), and other things. What are your goals?

No comments: