Monday, January 26, 2009

Yeah for the Chickens!

Finally the chickens are laying! I did some research right before Christmas, and discovered that they should start about January 10th. Sure enough, on the 11th I started receiving eggs. I am getting about 10 a day now. That isn't the amount I should be getting though, so I am planning to clip some wings this evening and make sure the little buggers aren't hiding them somewhere. They will be sad to have their freedom taken away. A full container of colorful eggs is a welcome sight around here. I nearly refused to buy eggs while they weren't laying, and my guys missed eggs for breakfast.
This is a leftover from the snowstorm. #2 went out the last day that we still had a good amount and made a new friend. He was pleased with himself.
He had me cracked up yesterday. "Hey Mom! There's this new microwave made of glass that lets you see when you are burning something. So when normal people are making freezer waffles in the microwave, they can tell when it has been long enough." "What do you mean 'normal people'?" "You know. People who don't make all of their own food from scratch...People who go to publc school."
So that is the definition of normal to my ten year old: people who buy freezer waffles and attend public school.

No comments: