Thursday, January 22, 2009

Christmas

I realize a couple of birthdays have passed and I still haven't told you much about Christmas. Time flies when you're sick, remodeling a house, homeschooling, living... Anyway, some highlights: The boys got some archery equipment from an uncle, and they have been enjoying that. We need to move the target out to the field, so they have more room to practice (they have been in the top of the barn). Both boys want to go hunting with this uncle soon! Of the gifts we gave the boys, soap was the funniest. I know several of you think I am nuts when I tell you what would be good gifts for my children, but here is a perfect example. #2 received several bars of soap. He knew right away that it was for carving, and you should have heard his voice, "Soap! Yes!" He allowed #1 to have one of the bars, and they happily carved for a whole day. #2 has also enjoyed a soldering iron. He wants so badly to solder everything in the house. We bought a crystal radio set for him to try to solder, but I don't think it went too well. That is not up my alley, so he will have to keep trying on his own. #1 loved getting books. Star Wars is his great love these days, and the books ain't cheap! So it was special for him to get those for Christmas. The best present for me and Hubby, I think, was money. We loved paying off the van! Here are a few pictures from the days we felt sort of human. The boys made devil dog cookies for their uncle and father. It was a very exciting thing, since Grandma is no longer able to make these family favorites.
The boys have been buying their own presents to give for the last couple of years. They were excited to give the grandparents their special treats. Because of illness, my family didn't get any pictures taken, but they received special treats as well.
My girls liked the scarves I made. They had a Fancy Nancy party to go to, so it worked well.
Poor Baby Boy didn't get to stay up for a lot of the celebration. Next year Buddy.

No comments: