Wednesday, January 06, 2010

#2 Does Exist

I feel like I have been focusing on #1 lately. #2 has been having some highlights of his own though. His birthday was last week, but he wanted his buddy to be able to come over to celebrate. So we had a sleepover on Sunday night. That made the first day of school on Monday a little scattered, but he had a good time. It was very low key. He had two friends from the Envirothon team come over and play and spend the night. They managed to fall in the pond while "ice skating." They played dodge ball and corn toss in the hallway, watched a movie, and played Risk. We had an easy dinner and cupcakes for dessert.
Yesterday, we inducted new officers in 4-H. #2 is Secretary for this year. He wanted to do it, and we normally have to beg kids to do it, so I was proud of him for that. However, I think this means it will be a hard year for the mom. He took notes yesterday, and we will type them this afternoon, but I still think I will have to diligently stay on top of things.
These are all of our new officers, left to right: Treasurer, Vice President, President, Secretary, Reporter, and Photographer. School is going well so far. Yesterday I read an excerpt of Julius Caesar in bed with #2. It was nice to cuddle under the covers and read together. We haven't done that in a while. He is studying for the National Geographic Bee which will be held on Tuesday. Envirothon starts up again on Friday, so he has been trying to catch up on his reading for that as well. He is finishing up a little History for Fifth Grade this week, and then next week he is completely in the Sixth Grade. It's going to be quite a year! --------- My own school starts next week. I will have one online class to learn about doing research. I'll get an email at the end of the week to learn more about it. Here we GO!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: