Tuesday, January 05, 2010

LOVE

These are the monkeys doing what is so impossible to do in this life. The world is just chock full of evil; so how do you not hear, see, or say it? Even if you are able to control the evil that you say, you know you are still thinking it.
Maybe LOVE is the answer. Maybe if you are continually loved on, even loved to death, then when your stuffing falls out, it is just LOVE falling out of you, instead of more evil. Today some love fell out of my son.
There is a precious baby boy that we love via the internet. His name is Jonah, and he has a skin birth defect called EB. His skin blisters and falls off each time he is touched. Today as we read about Jesus healing the crowds, #1 instantly said, "If Jesus were here I would take Jonah straight to him." There it was. LOVE oozing out in the middle of school.
He also chose to get rid of some comic books he had been given as a present because "There's a lot of cussing in it, and it is making me mad." POP! Another thread broke in the fabric as LOVE wove a new design.
After 4-H today, I stood outside talking to a friend. When I got in the van #1 asked what we were talking about. I told him my friend's father is failing and soon will leave this Earth. His first thought was how sad for the grandkids to lose their grandfather so soon. Again, LOVE slipping out at the seams.
He is a good boy, and I hope LOVE always falls out of him in such lovely ways.

No comments: