Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Birthday

Yesterday I turned 40. One of my friends last night thought I would hide how old I am. Actually I am looking forward to the forties for some reason. Perhaps it is because a long ago friend told me the forties were great in many ways. So how did I spend this momentous occasion? I took five boys to an environmental center and looked for bugs in the water. I'll post pictures later when I have time, but the Dirty Coon Foresters had a good time yesterday looking in water traps for crayfish, netting for macroinvertebrates, and hunting for snakes. How many women can say they had such an interesting fortieth birthday? Then at church, Hubby had put a dozen roses, a cake, and a couple of cards in my classroom. The ladies in my class shared the cake with me, and we had a nice time visiting. After church I went for a walk with a friend. Perhaps the best present came this morning when I went out to the barn and found triiplets! I think Emma had them yesterday evening while we were at church. She was looking like it might happen last evening, and everything was cleaned up this morning, so I choose to believe they were born on my birthday. The triplets are two boys and a girl. Pictures coming soon.

No comments: