Sunday, January 10, 2010

Any Time Now

Before I left for church this morning, I went out to check on the goats. We have been having nearly record-breaking cold here, and Hubby told me he heard one of the goats crying. Since three are nearly ready to kid, I thought I better go check. Emma looked like she was losing quite a lot of mucous, so I decided to come back home after Sunday School. She still hasn't kidded, but I do think it is in the works for some time today. I really am not worried about her, but the kid(s) are going to have a time of it. I think the high today is to be in the 20s. I certainly would not want to be born all wet and freezing cold! So anyway, I got straw put down, more water taken out to the trough, and checked and checked again. Now we just wait. I am planning on taking #2 to the state park to hear a talk on Birds of Prey for his new 4-H project book. Yes, we turned them in a couple of weeks ago, and now we start all over again. Hubby will be here to use the blow dryer on the kids if they come while we are gone. What excitement!

No comments: