Monday, May 24, 2010

Money or Merit?

A couple of weeks ago #2 wanted to earn a little money. He was told if he would clear the ditch by the barn he could have $10. While he was working I was doing some yard work. He yelled over, "It sure is easier to work when you are getting paid for it!" I quite agree. I was not getting paid. There is merit in a job well done though. I cleaned out the pantry a week or so ago, and I was elated the rest of the day. It felt so good to know that all of the dirt and grime were gone. I pulled out the washer and dryer and scrubbed under them, threw out old things, resorted items, and made it look down right fantabulous! Today as I scrub other rooms, I keep reminding myself of how good that felt. It was good to have Hubby come home and say it sure smelled clean. I intend to do some sanding of the livingroom and diningroom ceilings, so I am not doing any heavy cleaning in there, but I have managed to clean rooms that will be shut off from the others when I sand. I guess if I want to feel even better about it, I can ask a cleaning service to come and give me a quote. Then I will feel like I was paid!

No comments: