Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sleep Interrupted

#2 and I slept in the van. It was a very pleasant night to be out. I enjoyed the fresh air and breezes while waiting on the "thing" to show its face. I turned the van around so the headlights would shine on the chicken coop if anything came, and we filled the back with pillows and blankets for a pallet. The guns were loaded and ready- with the safety on- in the front seats. I slept well until 1:00. Then Kelly started barking. I shined the spotlight all over the back field, but I couldn't find anything. The rest of the night was spent in short sleeps interrupted by barking spells. It seemed that she was running it in circles around the neighborhoods, as I listened to the dogs bark all around us. We never saw what it was, and it didn't get anything else. So I plan to keep Kelly out at night for a while and we will see what happens. I don't think I can spend too many nights in the van, though. --------- #1 had his eye appointment today. He mangled his glasses so badly in the accident that I thought we better just go ahead and get the check-up and order new glasses. His eyes changed a bit since a little over a year ago, but the doctor said for his age- I assume that means puberty- it was a small change. We picked out glasses at WalMart and then came home and ordered them on Zenni Optical. The frames alone at WalMart were $29. I don't know what the lenses would have run, but #2 put us in the hole for about $150. I ordered two pair- one tinted, one not- with shipping for $20.95. Now how about that?! --------- I skipped class at church last night. I felt a bit badly about it since I wasn't sick per se, but I was totally exhausted. I tried cleaning out the house yesterday to prepare for a church yard sale next week. I guess I worked too hard, but it didn't seem that I had done too much. Perhaps too much excitement in the last month caught up with me. I will be happy to have a month without much excitement. Tomorrow we head to Raleigh for the speech contest for #1 and then rest, sweet, rest.

No comments: