Friday, May 21, 2010

Sneezing and Sam

My allergies are wild this spring. Today I have sneezed until I am worn out from sneezing. I spent the morning at the Farmer's Market, but didn't have a whole lot of luck. There wasn't much foot traffic and what there was didn't seem interested in eggs. I sold 5 dozen the whole morning. The Market irritates me at times. The farmers sometimes sell produce that isn't local. The booth next to me had corn, peaches, and other things from SC. I just feel like they are lying to customers- though they do tell those who ask- since the idea is for people to buy local. Later in the season most of the food will be local though. Tonight the boys are participating in a lock-in at church. We are having a huge yard sale tomorrow to benefit a family that has enormous medical bills for their one year old son. The youth group is meeting to price and sort everything as well as have some fun. They will be baking items to sell tomorrow, and we will have a pancake breakfast in the morning for donations. Last year we gave $4,000-5,000. The mother's blog the other day said bandages and ointment can run anywhere from $3,000-$8,000 a MONTH! I hope God blesses our sale so we can help them out. Last, but not least, I sold Sam the other day. I sold the last of the baby goats last weekend, and we had removed the sign from the yard. Two guys came by asking if this was the place that sometimes sells goats. I hemmed and hawed since I wasn't sure I wanted to part with Sam. I know you are all shocked at that statement since I always complain about him. The problem was that I felt like he would protect the babies from anything if whatever is getting my chickens decided to try goat. But in the end I let him go. At least now I don't have to worry about him jumping the chicken fence and eating all of the chicken feed!

No comments: