Monday, August 21, 2006

As I was walking this morning, I noticed a crow on top of one of the new homes. It was cawing loudly to welcome the morning, I suppose. On the other side of the road was a frog slowly gallumphing his "good morning". All around me crickets were chirruping. And while all of that noise surrounded me, I was praying to the Lord. It struck me that He can hear me and all of those critters at the same time. He cares about my issues just as much as the issues of the crow, frog, and cricket. What an amazing God! From The Genessee Diary this morning, the idea that God has more justice and more mercy than we can fathom. He can be just enough to get the message across and merciful enough to not break your spirit. I pray for a fraction of his mercy and justice as I parent these children.

No comments: