Thursday, August 10, 2006

Yesterday evening in Bible class we were asked what God-centered conversations we have had this week. I was unable to answer because, as I sit here and contemplate, I haven't been anywhere since I was at church Sunday morning. I spent Sunday afternoon painting, Monday painting and my new windows arrived (I am now thinking of a conversation I had with one of the window guys, though.), Tuesday and Wednesday I was home with the children. I didn't realize it had been such a while since we had been out, but I enjoyed being home out of the "running mode". I am much more in control of what goes on at home when I am actually at home. We have started school and that means that a lot of my time has to be at home now. However, I have several God-centered discussions with my children. Yesterday was a little eye-opening. We were doing Spelling and #2 has the word Gospel this week. He was to write a couple of sentences about what Jesus has done for him, since Jesus is the Gospel. He was having such a hard time answering that and #1 was disgusted with him. He rattled off 5 things right away that Jesus has done for him. I was impressed with #1 and surprised by #2. Then as I contemplated what the difference might be I realized that #1 thinks all of the time. He often gives me shocks of the deep thoughts he has had, about religious and non-religious topics. But #2 rarely thinks anything through. He is a jump "right in and get dirty" type of child. I will have to remember that as I try to teach him more about Jesus.

No comments: