Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I posted this morning, but somehow it got lost in cyberspace. I went to an international education and economics seminar at the university yesterday evening. It was good to be with other teaching professionals and get some new information and ideas. I think it will help me be more current with what I teach my children. The world has changed so much without my noticing. I seem to have had my head in the sands of motherhood. One funny thing was that a foreign student from Ukraine said his daughter had been here the last several years, but now that she is 6 and needs to start school, they sent her back to Ukraine. It seems the elementary schools in America are not good enough for them. Of course, they aren't good enough for my children either! ____________________ Hubby found a nest of eggs this evening. The chickens have been hiding eggs on me, or not laying them, and I had given up. There were 23 eggs in the corner outside of the barn. I put more straw in their nests a few days ago and that seems to be encouraging them to lay more in the coop. ____________________ I ordered some rennet tablets this evening so I can begin to make goat cheese. Merry Christmas presents, I imagine.

No comments: