Monday, November 13, 2006

Mother's intuition is amazing. We were at a restaurant Saturday evening and #2 had to go to the restroom. We sent him, but soon after I felt uneasy and asked Dadddy to go check on him. Just a second later, here comes #2 and he needs to throw up. Last night I woke, thinking I heard a cry in the night. A minute later, here he comes again, crawling into our bed and hugging his animals and pillow close to him. He had had a bad dream. #1 has bad dreams, though not as frequently as he used to. #2 very rarely dreams, it seems, so last night was an oddity. I took him back to his bed and crawled in with him to stay for half an hour until he felt better. He put his little arm out and held me tight. It reminded me of so many nights that #1 had done the same; needing to know I was still there. I hope they never forget to look for me when they are scared or need comforting. __________________ You may be wondering what the dream was about...He dreamed a spider kept biting him and he couldn't get away. Not such an odd dream seeing as he was playing with a spider last week and was bitten on the finger. He was trying to catch it. It left a fang in his finger that he had to pull out. This is not something we found out until several days later when the finger was still hurting. He thought he would get in trouble for playing with a spider; and he did!

No comments: