Friday, November 10, 2006

Wednesday evening I was debating whether or not to stay home from church with my children. We have really gotten behind in our school work and several things are due this week. I was justifying it as other people keep their kids home to finish homework, why can't I? I decided that we should go. I can make the kids cut out more tv or stay up later or something other than miss church. One of the reasons we enjoy homeschooling is that our lives are not dictated by how much homework has to be done that evening. I am glad for making the right decision, but I do still feel like we could have helped our situation by staying home. I am feeling stressed by being so far behind. But what would I have taught the children by staying home? I think the message would have been sent that if life is getting hectic, cut God out of it; just when you need God most!

No comments: