Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It would seem that Satan is desparate to snare me. I have had so much going on lately, and several calendars to address for next year, that it has been difficult to keep the goal of being "unambitious". I refuse to let him get me though; I love my life so much when it is slower and stress-less. ___________________ My parents came to visit this weekend and had to stay longer than expected. We have had an oil furnace to heat the house the last 2 winters and it has not been efficient, in the least. The first year we went through a LOT of oil to keep it 68 degrees in here. Last year we went through a little less oil and kept it 61 degrees. So we bought a Monitor heater and my parents were here to help install it. Two of my uncles have used one for many years, and are both very pleased. It is a kerosene heater, but in northern California you should only use 220 gallons a year to heat your house. It really sounds too good to be true, but so far the house is quite warm, a first! Anyway, it is supposed to be a 2 hour job to install, but it took several days. We had to put a hole in the wall, and that is plaster and brick. Then we had to install a new electrical outlet and tie into electricity that the furnace had used or it would blow a fuse inside. The tank had to be drained, cleaned, and raised several feet. The kerosene couldn't be delivered when we had hoped. But now it is in and we are warm. ________________ Last night was a stretch for me. The 4-H moms met after a homeschool meeting, so that we could figure out the calendar and objectives for our club next year. It was nearly midnight when I got home- usual bedtime is 9:30!! The group of moms is a great mix, and we have fun together, so a late night wasn't as bad as it may seem. Our little club is in for some real growth this year as our children have grown and now must take more responsibility for activities.

No comments: