Friday, November 03, 2006

Some DC highlights and commentary: I was surprised by how clean everything was. The Metro was very clean, no grafitti or trash anywhere. You are not to eat, drink, or play music on the Metro- and no one did! Everyone I rode near was polite and talked with our group. It was not the stereotyped scenario that I expected. I felt safe everywhere we went, even after dark. The Library of Congress is beautiful. The Capitol building is also beautiful. The White House, by comparison, is ok. I do not know how they have parties in the "ballroom"; it didn't seem big enough. Washington Monument is bigger than you realize. It looks over the whole area we were in, but when you get up next to it, then you realize, this thing is HUGE! Getting stuck in the HOV lane, and missing our exit, gave us the opportunity to drive past the Washington Monument and Lincoln Memorial. The sunshine, green grass, and tourists combined to make a lovely beginning to our trip. My husband and I look at that experience differently! _______________ Thoughts from The Return of The Prodigal Son: We identify with the older and younger sons, but do we identify with the Father? If we are to emulate Christ so much that we become like him, then we will also become as the Father. Do I wait with open arms and run to forgive the one who has wished my death? Or do I turn my back? ______________ All of the baby rabbits died.

No comments: