Saturday, January 20, 2007

Happy Birthday to me. I had a nice first present--I slept through the night and a little late! I have been watching the chickens lately, to see what will happen now that Tate is gone. This morning I watched Ugly (the new rooster in command) ambush one of Tate's most loyal hens. He was hiding in a barrel and when she walked by, he pounced! She was so mad; it definitely "ruffled her feathers". So far he keeps away from people, so we are getting along fine. My boys are growing up and getting much more independent. They are also starting to be able to think on their own and come up with smart remarks. I probably should have punished this one the other day, but I had to laugh instead. #1 has a bad habit of capitalizing letters that shouldn't be and not capitializing those that should. So I have been getting harder on him, and pointed some out the other day. When I started to point out some more he said, "SSSSSSHHHHHHH (static noise) I can't hear you. You're breaking up. SSSSHHHH I'm going through a tunnel now." He did correct them, so I guess laughter was better than punishment.

No comments: