Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My reading for the Spiritual Growth Group this week is about Simplicity. It was a short letter by Clare of Asissi. I am concerned about simplicity, and have been for years, but it is a discipline that eludes me. How much material wealth do you give up and still provide all you should for your family? Who decides in a society what is considered appropriate wealth and what is outlandish or over the top? Am I rich- depends on whom I compare myself. What about simplicity of life style and not just material possessions? If you have been reading along this past year you know my struggle with this. I am not sure when I will have an answer. I thought it was telling of my beliefs, though, when for Christmas I cried over donkey ears that my father-in-law made for me. They are wooden ears to replace the ones that broke on a planter that hubby's grandfather made for me years ago. I so much appreciated the time and thought he put in to my gift. ______________ I love to watch our kittens, Winkie and Leo. They are about 4 months old now and still very playful and cute. They like to sneak up on each other and attack, or try to climb up my leg and get Millie's milk in the morning. I am still reading Last Child in the Woods, about nature-deficit disorder. There are so many examples of children who are in the inner-cities and have no contact with nature. I can not imagine never seeing kittens play. I have had such a blessed life.

No comments: