Monday, January 29, 2007

Last night we talked to #1 about becoming a man. He spent the first ten years of life learning how to be a kid, and now he will spend the next ten learning to be a man. I was pleased with several of his comments. He knows it is a man's responsibility to be at work on time. He knows we go to church for worship, not to giggle and play with friends during services. And he knows he wants to pick a wife who is kind and will encourage him in his work. He doesn't even care what she looks like, as long as she isn't TOO ugly! Try keeping a straight face through that!! _________ Millie got out last night, but Elvis didn't drink her dry. I think he is finally done nursing. I saw him try one day last week, and then decide it was too much work. He is as big as she is! I also had to go check on Christa at 3:30 this morning. I woke at 2 and couldn't get back to sleep. I kept thinking that she may have had her babies and they were out there freezing. Finally, I got up to check, but no babies. It is definitely cold out there. I love farming, but 3:30 a.m. and 30 degrees is a bit much.

No comments: