Saturday, January 06, 2007

Our dog is a big baby! She doesn't like storms, but she is even afraid of rain. Last night a cloud burst broke about 3:30 and she snuck into our room. I heard her come in and tried to ignore it, but then she started licking. Flup, flup, flup, flup, flup...it will drive you insane. So I was up for the next couple of hours. Then #2 was looking for me at 7 a.m. Please can't I sleep through the night?! _________ Had to get the oil changed yesterday and went to Wal-Mart. The line of cars was about 8 deep, but not knowing when I would get back again, I went ahead and got in line. So the boys and I did a little shopping. Here is something interesting we discovered: You can't find cereal that doesn't have sugar as one of its main ingredients. Most cereals list it as the second ingredient. A few that contain more than one grain will list it as the third ingredient, and at least one lists sugar as the FIRST ingredient! Health food cereal, like Kashi, tries to sugar-coat it by calling it "evaporated cane juice crystals", but we all know that is SUGAR!!! The boys were very sad thinking they couldn't get any cereal, but mom aquiesced to one bag of fruity rice cereal--10 grams of sugar. Then when we were checking out, I watched the woman in front of me. She had no fresh meat or fresh produce. She didn't even buy canned or frozen veggies. She bought deli meat, corn dogs, Good Humor bars, Sunny Delight, Velveeta Mac and Cheese, and kid cereals. The closest thing to "real" food that she had was a bag of shredded cheese. Is it any wonder America is obese?

No comments: