Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Eggs and Bon-Bons

I went out to feed the chickens last night and found 2 eggs. Finally!! I actually have had to buy eggs a couple of times because they aren't laying anymore. Well, it appears the new ones are starting to lay. I had thought it would be about Thanksgiving when they would start, so I guess I did pretty well. The problem was that one had a soft shell and couldn't be used, and the other had been broken open. So now I will have to watch them more carefully and make sure they lay and get off quick. Can't wait to have real eggs again. ------- So here is the day of a stay-at-home-mom. This morning we will finish school for the year. Then I pick up the "extra" kids at their school at noon. I take all 5 swimming this afternoon from 1:00-2:30. Then I drop 2 of them off at the dentist's office, and run errands with the other 3 for an hour or so. Then return to the dentist's office to exchange one kid for another and take 3 of them to art class. It is supposed to be my night off, and a good friend invited me to dinner and a knitting club, but I need time alone to take the practice GRE, so I have had to decline the offer. All the while I will have men here repairing the septic system and working on rewiring the house. Where are those bon-bons?

No comments: