Friday, November 07, 2008

I am getting frustrated with the university. I would think that if someone contacted you about coming to your school, you would want to meet with them. But so far no one seems interested. I am struggling with whether this is a sign to look in another direction, or if it is a test to see if I am committed. ------------- The kids have struggled themselves this week. School has been tougher, and we have even had to do some in the evenings. The sentences are improving, however, so I am hopeful that we won't have to continue this much longer. Yesterday I was wishing that little boys didn't have to go to school. #2 had a friend over to play, and they were such happy little imps. They were barefoot, running through the field pretending to be Olympians. Then they played in a fire for over 2 hours. When they were done with that, they ran around in the dark playing hide and seek. They just had a great time. A few days ago, #2 moved his body into the kitchen while I was washing dishes. He did some kind of a dance, and then shimmied back into the diningroom, sat down, and did his school work. That is so not going to happen in a classroom. Which brings me back to what I should do about graduate school. I have a pretty clear vision about what I want to accomplish, and some new ideas are springing into my mind, but how do I have the most impact? Still working on that one. ----------- The movie thing is still beyond me, so tonight I am visiting my friend to give me some help. Hope he is a good teacher. The last time we did something together, I was trying to fly a virtual rocket, and he took it away from me! His wife said he doesn't let her try video games either. Maybe movie documentaries will be different.

No comments: