Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, Tests, and...Optimists

Thanksgiving was great. We watched the parade, rested, went to someone else's house for dinner, came home and napped. I was thankful for the Thanksgiving. The food was great-- no sloppy joes-- and I do believe it was the best gravy I have ever made. Hubby liked the limas, mashed potatoes and gravy, turkey, stuffing, AND blackberry pie. He was pleased. ------ I have been studying for the GRE lately. That would be one reason for not blogging so much lately. It is so kicking my butt, I have to say. Hubby is trying to help me through the Math part, but whew! I haven't had a REAL math class since I was a sophomore in high school; and I question that, as it was taught by a basketball coach and we spent a lot of the time watching clips and plays. I am going to take a few hours tutorial on an online program called ALEKS. It will be a double bonus since I was thinking about using it for the boys when they are older. I have heard good things about it. This way I will have first hand knowledge of whether I like it or not. I may also ask my friend who is good at math to come over one afternoon and give me a tutorial. Hubby has banged his head against the wall enough times. ------- So the kids were asking the other day what does it mean to have a bad economy. I told them it means that people can't pay the businesses, so the businesses can't pay the employees. Then people lose their jobs and can't afford to buy the things they need. A bad economy is bad for everyone. #2 responded, "A bad economy is good for families. They have more time to spend together." What an optimist!

No comments: