Saturday, November 01, 2008

These two pictures are from our church secretary. I forgot to take the camera. Hubby was the troll from Three Billy Goats Gruff at trunk-or-treat. Some people didn't know this was a goat!
Well, now it has been four years. My week of reminiscing is over; you can relax. I will just end by saying, "I am happy to be here."
--------
The Halloween party went well last night. The kids were charging to get out of the house to start the Great Candy Race. We had kids dressed as an angel, a princess or good witch (not sure), several Star Wars characters, a Greaser, a 60s person, a ninja, and some pirates. Our own were a wizard and a WW1 flying ace. Hubby and I went as Hee Haw singers.
The candy trading afterward was so loud the adults had to go to another room so we could talk. We had lots of food to munch on through the night too. Now the kids will spend the next couple of days on a sugar rush until we put a moratorium on candy again.
This mother brought candy to pay off the kids for what she wanted to buy from them! I just ask for what I want--coconut and peanutbutter!
--------
I taught a lesson on voting and the Constitution yesterday. It was so very interesting to me, that I started to wonder again about law school. I really have to think carefully about what I really want to do.
I just heard that they are expecting this election day to pass the record voter turn-out of 68% in 1908. I can't believe that that many people think it isn't important to vote! I went yesterday and actually got to vote twice! They had given me the wrong ballot. If I hadn't done the research of who was to be on my ballot, then I wouldn't have known it was the wrong one. If I had turned it in, my vote wouldn't have counted! I wonder how many mistakes like that will be made. A dishonest election worker could really change an election!

No comments: