Sunday, November 02, 2008

The sugar in the kids' systems has evidently run its course. They are still sacked out in bed. I know it may look like I am writing before 7 a.m., but it is really in our bodies' nearly 8:00. We let them have as much candy as they want the first day after Halloween. #2 had it for every meal, except a little spaghetti and salad that we had at a friend's house last night. Even there, we roasted marshmallows! He will be dragging today.
Today will be a sad day in our house. We will have a family meeting this afternoon to discuss some issues. Chores are not getting done, and school work has not been acceptable. I know they are going to feel like we are being too hard on them, and rebellion will likely occur, but it has to be taken care of. When I think about trying to go back to school, and deal with life as it is, I just about crawl under the bed! So some "pruning" is about to take place in our little family garden.
---------------
The fish are still alive. Maybe I better buy some fish food; then they'll die.

No comments: