Wednesday, May 27, 2009

All-American

I had a very nice weekend with my family in WV. I took the boys with me to visit their grandparents, and the last surviving great-grandmothers. On Memorial Day we went into my hometown to watch the parade. A 4-H club was passing by us, and I yelled "Go 4-H!" I said something to #2 about how 4-H is "All-American." He disagreed because there are 4-H clubs in other countries; it is international. Then I had to explain what "All-American" means. I said if you are an All-American Girl, you have blonde hair, blue eyes, a ponytail, are a cheerleader, and eat apple pie. "What if you are an All-American Boy?" he asked. Then you can be either light or dark headed, wear blue jeans, play baseball, and put frogs in your pockets. "Well, you better not slide into second with the frog in your pocket," he answered back. I enjoyed visiting with some old friends while I was in WV. There never seems to be enough time when I go back. I left the boys there to visit their GP for a couple of weeks. Now I have 2 weeks to get a lot done. Just like going home, I don't think there will be enough time.

No comments: