Friday, May 29, 2009

What To Do?

Several people have asked what I do without kids for two weeks. Well, it isn't all bonbons and sweet tea. I have successfully assembled the boys' state projects, and I am nearly finished assembling the club project. I have spent many hours contemplating which English curriculum we will attempt this year. I even made a decision and ordered it already. I have made phone calls to doctors, stores, friends, etc. I have watched other people's children- that is my job. This morning I went to the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs. And I have gone to dinner with friends. Wednesday I went out with my husband before church. Last night we met another couple at a restaurant. Tonight I will have to cook since I am helping at the shelter. Tomorrow is a cookout at our house with church people. I guess food is where the fun is. My Weds. small group is reading the book One Month to Live. The last chapter was trying to not waste time in your day. The authors discussed the 20/80 rule, and stated that 20% of your time leads to 80% of your happiness. Taking a 14 hour day, that would mean about 3 hours of my day make up the majority of my day's happiness. I think I am not eating enough. -------- While I was gone Hubby was holding down the fort. On Monday morning a knock came at the door. "Do you have a black and white dog?" Yes, the fiend had struck again. She was running through a driveway in which the cement was being poured. He untied her from a post, but she got out of her collar and ran through the fresh cement TWO more times! She is now in a harnass instead of a neck collar. She has managed to get out of it once already. If it doesn't work she will have to be put down. I know you all think this is a ploy on my part to be rid of the dog, but she is doing it to herself. I guess she is getting her 80% of happiness any chance she can.

No comments: