Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day

I love being a mother. I was talking with a young woman at church today. She has changed her major at college, AGAIN, and I was asking about that. She said it sounds weird to a lot of her friends, but she wants to get a job that will allow her to spend the most time with her kids and not have to put them in day care. She has no children. Her greatest desire in life is to be a Mommy. I commended her for thinking ahead and doing what she knows is important to her. It has been a blessing from God that I am able to stay home with my children, and for the most part, always have stayed with them.
Happy Mothers' Day to all of my friends and family whose lives are forever changed by being a mom. I don't have pictures on file of all of you, but I hope your day is great!
Hubby and I were reminiscing, and realized that it was Father's Day 14 years ago that we made our announcement that I would be a Mommy. Two years after that, on Mother's Day, we made our second announcement. What blessings I have been given! I missed my sweet niece's birthday yesterday. I can't believe my Precious Girl is 7 years old! Happy Birthday and see you in a month, Lovely Lady!!

No comments: